Monday, April 25

Smile

I am amazed each day by Bella's development. Each day a tiny piece of who this little girl is to become is revealed. Yesterday when I went to save her from crying in her bed she smiled with happiness, thankful to be rescued. It was the most amazing feeling. This little, fragile being suddenly became a little bit stronger to me. She truly is amazing. She is starting to become more social with all of us. She is awake more. This frustrates me at times, but mostly makes me thankful that she is doing so well.

Bella has her first sort of toy that she enjoys. My friend Denise gave me a set of soft blocks. Some of the blocks have black and white designs on them. I have started placing a few of them in the pack and play with Bella when she is awake. She is completely mesmerized by them. This wonderful toys not only stimulate Bella's development, but also buy me a little extra time to get things done. Tomorrow we are going to see how Bella likes the crib mirror that I have. This will be a fun new adventure for tomorrow! (strange how boring this would have once sounded to me, but how exciting it sounds now.)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

RACHEL, HOW EXCITING IT IS TO LOOK IN BELLA'S WEB SITE AND VIEW A PICTURE OF HER...AND THE INTERESTING STORY YOU WRITE IS VERY UPLIFTNG TO OUR HEARTS....WE WILL BE VISITING THE SITE ON A REGULAR BASIS NOW...TAKE CARE AND MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS THE LITTLE ONE HE CREATED AND THE MOMA WHO LOVES LITTLE BELLA....LOVE JOANN AND GRANDPA

Unknown said...

Rachel,
This is a wonderful idea and is appreciated by those of us who are not near enough to experience your joys with Bella in person. I know you are on a grand adventure with your little one. Treasure every day, write down every little thing, and give her one more little kiss before you say goodnight. These days are the best and fly by much to quickly.(just ask your mother) I found a journal I kept of when Paul was a baby and one of Samuel and they are so fun to read now. Love you both very much!God Bless...
Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to watch Bella grow! I promise to look at it at least once a week as long as you keep putting things on. I'm so glad she is so healthy and that you are so happy. Love you both!

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful-looks a little like a tiny baby I know born March 4, 1982!! I can't wait to hold her-Great Grandma Harke is so very proud! More pictures, please!!!

Love, Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

I love your blog Rachel. Isabella is a beautiful blessing to the world and I'm so happy you share her with us. Give her a kiss for me but especially give yourself a hug for me. I miss you terribly! I was walking in Target the other day (looking at the sale rack in the unmentionables section) and realized how much I miss those totally little random things we did together. We are both doing what we were born to do (I hope) but just know that I miss you and care so much. I can't wait to meet your precious little girl. So much love, Amber

Anonymous said...

Rachel, I just heard about this from Great Grandma Harke today and I think it is way too cool!! You must've known all of us would've been begging for pictures of your new little gem. SHE IS SO SO ADORABLE--just like her "Mum." I plan to visit this blogspot frequently to check up on both of my "Great" Nieces! Thank you for sharing Bella's world with me....Love, Aunt Phyllis

Anonymous said...

Rachel,
This is a wonderful idea! Since we live so far away it might be another whole year before I got to see Bella again, but now I can see her grow right before my eyes. Congradulations on such a beautiful and wonderful baby girl, God has blessed you and all of us! I want to thank you for letting me share your adventures with Bella! I love both you and Bella with all my heart! Have fun with your beautiful baby girl and keep all of us informed!
Love, Cousin Kymberly

Anonymous said...

Hey Rachel! I check this site all the time. It's so nice to hear how much you love being a mommy! It's a hard adjustment but well worth it. It sounds like Bella is doing great. I'm proud of you both.

Love,

Jane