Friday, June 3

I"m a big kid now!

Well, I may be slow in my adjustment to mommyhood, but Bella sure isn't slow in adjusting to her new environment. At the last doctor's appointment she was up to nearly 9 pounds!!!! She is doing just wonderful. The doctor was very impressed with her physical and social development. She is doing better than even full term two month olds.

I couldn't be prouder. I watched in wonder and amazement as Belly rolled over for the first time. It's emotionally overwhelming experiencing these new changes. I felt proud and excited for Bella, but also nervous and anxious for her safety at the same time. She is growing up quicker than I could have ever imagined. It's only been 11 weeks and already I feel as though I have a lifetime of memories. Sometimes I forget that I once had a life without her in it. That seems nearly impossible now. I have a wonderful daughter who smiles, laughs and even squeels (thats right, she squeeled over memorial weekend). How could I possible love anything more?!?!

I have been working at Chilis and moving stuff slowly into our new little house. We should be able to move in very soon. I am anxious to have my own space again. I am begnning to adjust to my new schedule, but I know that I could not do any of this without my family. They have all been so helpful to me. I am very thankful and appreciative of all the people in my life. I thought moving back to Caney would be horrible because I would be losing everything, but I suppose I just couldn't see all that I was gaining until now. I guess there is more to life than having Target, 24 hour everything and lots of traffic. I have a porch with a quiet nature, a living room full of people, and a gas station where I know most of the people in it. Maybe I can adjust and find that there is more here for me than I thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you and Bella. I think life there sounds like a "dream". It is not a bad thing to have peace and quiet and have a whole town of people to support you. Denise told me that you came by and she said Bella was beautiful and that you looked awesome too. Bella is lucky to have you as a mom, but I really think you are both lucky to have each other. I drove with Denise last weekend to visit Amber in Fargo. What fun!
Have a great life, Marsha Conner