Sunday, June 26

Playing House

Wake up and have breakfast, then play with the baby, make lunch, do some laundry, do dishes, go to work, come home, go to bed, wake up and do it all over again.

I can remember playing house as a girl and immitating all of the daily activities I saw Momma doing. I can remember thinking how wonderful it would be to have my own little home and make cookies all day long. Well I suppose that I finally have that all, ofcoarse it's not quite as simple as it seemed. I am enjoying having my own space. Bella and I are getting along quite well in our cozy little home. There are still a few boxes hiding in corners, and pictures get moved around all the time, but it's coming together nicely. We are getting into a routine and getting organized; both of which make me extremely happy. I think that I work much more efficiently with my own little system and organization. I still visit mom's house every day (well in fact I am here right now getting ready to eat dinner with them) I can't believe how much life has changed. Some days I still feel like a little girl just playing house. But now I have an actual little baby that I am responsible for raising...what an amazing gift and responsibility. Although most days I don't really feel as though I know what I am doing, I think that things are going pretty well for us.

Each day I think Bella and I both grow in our new life. She learns and experiences something new, and so do I. I've always loved being a student and constantly learning. My friend Jennifer and I used to joke that we would be content being lifelong students and always experiencing new things. I think I've stumbled into the most natural and advanced method of achieving that, being a mommy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rach, It's Ashley. I was so excited to see the pictures of Bella. I haven't been able to access this account since I closed by SBC DSL. She is so beautiful, I want one just like her!! I printed off all the pictures, but larger and I am going to take them to Chili's tonight. We all love youa and miss you. Take care.